Logon to www.hdfcsec.com - Click on Trade Now
Login to your trading account
- Enter your Username/Login id and password.
- Select Log On
Welcome to the new HDFC Securities Online Trading Site!
Buy & Sell - Place your Equities Orders
You can place your equities or derivatives order from this screen.
To place an equity order:
- Choose whether you want to place your equities order either on a CnC (Cash) or Margin basis under Product.
- Choose whether you want to place a Buy or Sell order.
Note: To sell stocks that are in your demat account, a securities hold needs to be made on the stock either explicitly from the Securities Hold & Release screen, or while placing the sell order from the Buy & Sell screen itself.
- Select the exchange (NSE or BSE) on which you would like to place your order.
- Select the book type:RL or SL (Regular Lot or Stop Loss)
- Choose Equity as the Instrument type.
- Enter the Symbol of the stock you want to trade.
Note: If you don 't know the company 's symbol, enter the first 3 characters of the company 's name and click on the magnifying glass icon. For only a symbol lookup, enter the first 3 characters of the symbol and double-click within the Symbol field. A new window opens displaying a list of the stocks that contain the characters you typed in and are searching for. Select the appropriate symbol from the list you see.
- Select the type of order you want to place (Market or Limit)
- Enter the number of shares you want to trade in the Quantity field.
- In the Disclosed Quantity field, enter the quantity of shares you would like to disclose when placing your order. The minimum is 10% of your order quantity.
Note: This step is optional. If SL (Stop Loss) is selected for the Book Type, the Disclosed Quantity field cannot be used.
- If you entered Limit as the Order Type, enter the price you would like your trade executed at in the Price field.
- If you selected SL as the Book Type, enter the Trigger Price.
- If you selected BSE as the exchange, and Market as the Order Type, then you can enter the Market Protection %. (if no value is entered, a default market protection of 10% is applied)
- Choose a Valid Till option. If the exchange selected is the NSE, choose between DAY and IOC (Immediate-Or-Cancel). If the exchange selected is the BSE, choose between SES (Session) and DAY.
- Click Place Order. An order preview screen appears showing the information you just entered.
- If the order preview details are acceptable and as per the order you just entered, click Confirm Order.
What you need to do in the event of a limits shortfall:
For CnC Buy orders- If you do not have sufficient CnC limits to cover your CnC buy order (plus the brokerage charged), you will be prompted to increase your limits at this time. Click Ok to place an online hold for the necessary amount, or Close if you do not want to go ahead with the order. If you clicked Ok, select a bank account from where the online hold should be placed. Click the Submit button when done. A confirmation message is displayed along with a Transaction Reference Number for your records. Now that you have sufficient limits, you will be returned to the order preview screen.
For CnC Sell orders - If you do not have the necessary quantity of your stock on hold to cover your CnC sell order, you will be prompted to increase your limits at this time. Click Ok to place an online hold for the necessary stock quantity, or Close if you do not want to go ahead with the order. If you clicked Ok, select a DP ID and DP account number from where the online hold should be placed. Click on the Submit button when done. A confirmation message is displayed along with a Transaction Reference Number for your records. Now that you have the necessary quantity of your stock on hold, you will be returned to the order preview screen.
For Margin Buy/Sell orders - If you do not have sufficient limits to cover your Margin buy or sell order (plus the brokerage charged), an error message is displayed. You need to either add the necessary margin limits from the Funds Hold & Release screen or transfer the necessary funds from your CnC limits to your Margin limits from the Limits screen.
Once your order has been successfully placed, a confirmation screen displaying a Broker Reference Number is displayed.
Order Book View - the list and current status of the orders you have placed during the day but which have not been traded in the exchange as yet.
Trade Book View the list of orders that have been traded during the day.
Funds Hold/Release Place and release fund holds from your Bank accounts to cover the cash or margin trades you make.
A funds hold is a block made in your HDFC Bank account exclusively for trading purposes. Once a funds hold is created, the hold amount cannot be used for purposes other than trading.
Securities Hold/Release Place and release holds from your HDFC Bank demat accounts when you need to sell shares.
A securities hold is a block made in your HDFC demat account exclusively for trading purposes. Once a securities hold is created, the quantity on hold cannot be used for purposes other than trading.
Option Calculator Use this calculator to determine the theoretical premium for option contracts.
Cost of Carry Calculator For futures contracts, use this tool to calculate the storage cost and the interest paid to finance the underlying asset.
Password Update your login password from here.