f1. How is E-margin product different from Margin product?
Under normal Margin Product Facility, the pending margin orders are cancelled and open positions are squared-off as part of Square-off process for the current settlement, which would be run at the discretion of HDFC securities.
Under E-Margin Product Facility, the pending e-margin orders are cancelled and open positions are squared-offas part of Square-off process for the current settlementon T+2 day, which would be run at the discretion of HDFC securities.
The onus to square off such positions before the stipulated time (T+ 2trading days) will lie on the client, failing which the positions would be squared off by HDFC securities during the Square-off process run.
2. Can a client place 'E-Margin’ orders on NSE and BSE?
Yes, a client can place E-Margin order on both NSE and BSE.
3. Which stocks are eligible for E-Margin trading? Why is the stock list restricted to specific scrips only?
All stocks eligible for Margin Trading will be available for E-Margin product. The Stock enabled for Margin & E-margin is available under Reports section >> Stock Eligibilty report.
4. Can one place different orders in both Margin and E-Margin in the same scrip on same day?
Yes, one can place different orders in the same scrip in both Margin and E-Margin.
5. Can one place different orders in both Margin and E-Margin in the same scrip in different days?
Yes, one can place different orders in both Margin and E-Margin in the same scrip in different days.
6. Can I short sell in E-Margin product?
No, you cannot short sell in E-Margin product.
7. Can I change an existing Margin order to E-Margin order?
No once the Order is placed in Margin product, you cannot change it to E-Margin order.
8. How do I see my open positions in E-Margin?
To view the open E-Margin positions created during the day, you can visit the 'Open Positions' link on the trading page.
9. How much margin would be blocked on placing E-Margin order?
Initially, margin is blocked at the applicable margin percentage of the order value. For market orders, margin is blocked considering the last traded price of the stock as the order price. On execution of the order, the same is suitably adjusted as per the actual execution price of the market order.
The margin applicable for the normal Margin order would be applicable for E-Margin order.
10. When is margin blocked on E-Margin positions released?
When E-Margin position is closed (by squaring off), the margin blocked on the position so squared off is released back and added to the limits.
11. What is the brokerage charged for E-Margin product?
For E-Margin product, brokerage applicable for Equity Delivery will be charged to you.
12. What is the system square-off time for the positions open on T+2 days?
On the T+2 day, all unexecuted E-Margin orders will be squared off at 2.30 PM.